Moon Colorado: Scenic Drives, National Parks, Hiking & Skiing (Moon U.S. Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Strategic itineraries for flexible one- to two-week road trips to experience the best of Colorado, from national parks to the Rocky Mountains
- The top activities and unique experiences: Explore ancient pueblos or Wild West ghost towns, soak in a steaming hot spring, and spot wild elk, horses, and foxes. Savor fresh flavors at a farm-to-table restaurant and kick back with delicious local microbrews
- Outdoor adventures: Go white-water rafting or kayaking on a rushing river, and hike slickrock trails to awe-inspiring views of snow-capped mountain peaks. Ski the deep powder of some of the country's top resorts and relax with an après-ski drink
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Local insight from lifelong adventurer Terri Cook on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from campsites and motels to B&Bs and resort lodges
- Background information on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history, plus tips on getting there and getting around by car, train, and public transportation
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, and travelers with disabilities
- Comprehensive coverage of Denver, Boulder and the Northern Front Range, Rocky Mountain National Park, Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado, Vail and the Central Rockies, Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley, Mesa Verde and the Southwest, Colorado Springs and the Southeast
Staying in the city? Try Moon Denver, Boulder & Colorado Springs. Looking for outdoor adventures? Check out Moon Rocky Mountain National Park or Moon Colorado Camping.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times