Moon Southern Italy: Sicily, Puglia, Naples & the Amalfi Coast (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Flexible itineraries for exploring the best of Southern Italy, including Sicily, Puglia, Naples, the Amalfi Coast, and more, that can be combined for a longer trip
- Strategic advice for foodies and oenophiles, art lovers, hikers, history buffs, beach bums, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences for any season: Dive into the art museums and traditional theater of Palermo’s Centro Storico, and admire the Baroque monuments and carved churches of Lecce. Walk the frozen-in-time streets of Pompeii and marvel at the captivating Cathedral of Amalfi. Take an off-road Jeep tour of Mount Etna or hike along the coastline. Soak up the sun on a secluded beach or sail the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters
- The best local flavors: Stroll quiet village streets where the scent of Sunday ragu fills the air, feast on fresh seafood from a bustling outdoor market, and chow down on authentic Neapolitan pizza. Sip limoncello on a sunny terrace or sample wines from the mineral-rich local vineyards
- Expert suggestions from Amalfi local Laura Thayer and Palermo local Linda Sarris on where to stay, where to eat, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 and traveling to Southern Italy
- Background information on the landscape, history, and cultural customs
- Handy tools including an Italian phrasebook and tips for seniors and traveling with children
Exploring more of Italia? Check out Moon Milan & Beyond with the Italian Lakes or Moon Rome, Florence & Venice.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
From her sun-lit kitchen studio above the 1,000-year-old Ballarò food market, Linda works as a freelance writer, social media manager, and culinary communications consultant while still traveling regularly as a private chef, with clients in the fashion and music industries. Under her brand, The Cheeky Chef, she is self-publishing a Sicilian food and wine ‘zine and curating a series of Mediterranean culinary lifestyle retreats and travel experiences. Read more on her website, www.lindasarris.com.
Laura Thayer first visited the Amalfi Coast in 2007 on a serendipitous holiday with her mother that would change the course of her life. After completing a master's in art history, with a thesis on the Duomo of Amalfi, she moved from the middle of America and now lives right in the heart of Amalfi.
Inspired by the captivating beauty of the area, Laura founded Ciao Amalfi, a trusted online source of insider travel tips and information about the area. She loves hiking along the coastline's rugged pathways, taking photos around each and every corner, and inspiring travelers to explore the Amalfi Coast through her writing and photography.
Over the past decade, Laura has shared her local insight on the Amalfi Coast by contributing to a variety of online travel publications, guidebooks, and magazines, including Italia! Magazine, Dream of Italy, The Simple Things, and Ambassador, the print magazine of the National Italian American Foundation. Laura's photos often accompany her writing, which highlights her passion for the interplay of words and images. Check out more of her writing at www.ciaoamalfi.com.